10.21.2012

More Canvas Collage

I got to play more with making collage on canvas.
Above is the detail of one new piece below. I made it by cutting up a picture of a field of flowers. Then I placed all the letters (stickers), painted a wash of white over them all, then peeled off the letters to reveal the picture. (And for the missing piece area, I pasted an old Bible page on, placed letters, then painted black and peeled away letters.)
 This one above says: "God is putting together all the pieces, and He will fill what is still missing with His peace."

Here's another detail of another piece. Beneath it all is sheet music for the song "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing." Again this was by placing then peeling letters. And I added a picture of raindrops on a blade of grass, and also cut out a tree shape from decorator paper.
 This one is Jeremiah 17:7 "Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him."

And lastly, one of my favorites (it was hard to give away!),
here's a detail:

I painted over a magazine picture. The verse (done with applying then removing stickers again) is Galatians 6:9 "And let us not be weary in welldoing, for in due season we shall reap: if we faint not."
Here is a grrrrrrrreat song called "Faint Not," if you need some encouragement! (click here) Enjoy!

[btw I will be donating these canvases to be auctioned off at a benefit for a friend in November! See another piece which I gave as a gift: (click here)
Thanks for visiting!]

No comments: