1.06.2012

Collage on stretched canvas

So I got some kinda craft bug, and I painted over a dollar-store "stretched canvas." ...I pasted a female cardinal from a magazine cover, and a (picture of a) Bible page. My favorite experiment in it was the letters: I placed letter stickers over the first layer of paint, then painted/sponged a darker color over them, then I peeled off the stickers.
Of course the Scriptures paired with a bird in the snow were: from Matthew 6... "look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap or store up in barns, yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable to Him than they?" :) ...Hence the lettering of "Be still." (--which is like Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God."
And, randomly, I had this idea to add to my beach-y bathroom. That was fun. Thanks for visiting!

No comments: